Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"RAG HATS!"...NO WIG NEEDED!

BRAND NEW DESIGN...RAG HATS!
I am so excited to share this design with you.  I wanted to design a hat that had a great Boho, hippie appeal AND had the dreadlocks sewn in the head band!  The hat is so charming that you just can't help but smile when you see it. It's made out of silk shantung (my favorite material to sewn on) and is a magical collection of pieces of "raw" pieces of materials, hand created flowers, ribbons and silk yarns!  So charming.  Then I added the silk yarn dreads and fake fuchsia hair which goes down below the knees!  It's so wonderful to see.  You can see the complete album on my facebook page at www.facebook.com/susanlakeheadwear .



I am always inspired by color and fabric and I was sitting at my design table with all these remnants, pieces of silk, ribbons and yarns.  I just knew it had to be fun and I wanted to create a hat where you DID NOT NEED A WIG.  I hope you like this one and the next is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment