Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Blu Ice, New Hat!

Greetings!

This week I have been finishing up on several hats that I will be showing this and next week.  Today's hat is a new addition from the collection call, "The Lady from Shanghai".  I love this collection.

I have always been fascinated with Asian culture, and  especially the beauty of the Asian women. From their porcelain skin to their delicate mannerisms, I wanted to create a line with a sense of modern architecture and old world design.  In this collection, I usually choose to mix different textiles and combine vibrant colors and delicate adornments.  In the last two hats however, I have focused on the movement and shape.  In this months hat, "Blu Ice",  I chose a blue organza and hand cut and folded it into a shape that reminds me of the sea.  Twisting the material, pinning it and then sewing it into shape, I wanted to once again create drama around the face and then continue the sweeping design moving out and away from the face.

Below are several photos of the hat and you can view the photo album on my facebook page at:
http://www.facebook.com/susanlakeheadweardesigns
This hat will also be for sale in my Etsy store at:  www.etsy.com/susanlake1





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment