Tuesday, August 14, 2012

HATS ON DOLLS!

I wanted to share with you how thrilled I was when a new twitter friend, asked if they could blog about me. They are a young group in Hong Kong, and graciously introduced me to their community.

I have met so many great people in the doll community, and some have become close friends.  So...it gives me great joy to tell you about them. Kaoliberry.com/?p=636  Here is the blog they wrote and while you are there, why not check out the rest of the website!  They are also on facebook and I have seen some great "How to" tips there as well.

This weekend I am delighted to update you on where we are with the Goblin Costume for EALGA.  The patterns are made and we will be consumed with bringing them to life by cutting the materials (the good stuff!) and doing the initial sewing.  Then I take the finished product and..."Bring in the Magic!'  I personally do all the intricate detail work and embellishments. So here is something to consider in your own projects.

Design Changes:
EALGAS costume is turning into an exercise in a sewers delight!  This week, we were constructing the pattern for her cape.  I wanted to take different elements from a variety of cape styles I love and create an organic design that demonstrates power, through its over sized construction. In applying the sleeve, we used a gusset ( which reduces the tight fit or stress from the material) then we modified the use of the gusset, to create a modern or current  fit. In creating a costume, we often dramatize and alter tailored elements.  But that's another topic!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered what a gusset was. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Can't wait to see the final design.

    ReplyDelete