Thursday, July 26, 2012

BJD, FALL 2011, Hats in Review!

The photos I am including are from the collection I designed for Fall 2011.  I had a great time experimenting with color, size and style.  This year, I am using the color palette suggested as the "colors of fall" by pantone.

Next week I plan on showing my first hat for the Fall 2012 season.  I love the fall colors, as I have always been partial to jewel tones.  I think you will be surprised at the way I have introduced the drama of the "picture hat" for your BJD with just a hint of humor!....hence, the peacock!

As a designer who has created headwear for lots of different fashion venues, it is my vision to design for the beautiful BJD girls, much the same way I do for my human customers.




First, understand for me, a hat is NOT an after thought.  It is the main event.  Focused around the face, it brings attention to your most important feature, your eyes!  Secondly it is like a big "jewel" on top of your head so why not make it fabulous!   I hope you enjoy reviewing these designs from last season and please check back next week for a peek at this seasons first design!

No comments:

Post a Comment