Tuesday, July 3, 2012

BJDC HAT/ Under the Sea!

I have just completed the hat that I will be sending to the BJDC in Texas this August.  The theme was things having to do with the Sea.  I wanted to make something that was not literal, but rather consisted of materials and shapes that suggested mermaid like qualities. 

I must admit that I am not really a "water" person, as I very rarely go to the beach and do NOT know how to swim, but I can apprecitate the beautiful qualities that the sea offers.

I have put together some of my favorite materials, chiffons, silk ribbons and pearls and coupled them with sea shells, clear stones, and shapes that signify the ocean and created my contribution to the theme!  The head piece is built on a crown base, wired and completely hand made.

If you are attending the BJDC, perhaps you will get to see it in person.  If you win the hat...please drop me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment