Tuesday, September 18, 2012

WORKS IN PROGRESS

HATS on the way!

I have been quiet the past few weeks, as I am working on one of my favorite collections...The WITCHES.  I am also in the process of designing my first costume, inspired by the GOBLINS BEND collection.

The witches hats, are made in whats called, flat pattern.  They are made from both straw and material and in some cases I combine both.




The witches of 2012, are influenced by my collection called GOBLINS BEND, and  by the witches in the Harry Potter stories and witches yet to be seen!  I love that witches are both scary and lovely!  This season, my designs for the witches are quite different.  I have given them a "Fantasy" quality without a literal translation.  What am I talking about?  This year the hats are large, dark and wonderful!  If you love structure you will want one for sure.  If you like dark...get ready!

Here is a few shots from the work table.
Sewing parisisol straw for me is preferable by hand.  I turn up the edges and create the hem or I hand sew the wire into the design to sustain the shape.  Either way, they are done by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment