Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A BJD BIRTHDAY HAT FOR CHANEL!

"Coco 129",  A Tribute to Chanel

This month has been a lot of fun for me.  I have been working on "The WITCHES" , finishing up a new collection and even wanted to take time to make a hat in honor of what would have been Chanel's 129 birthday.

So, I moved myself from one section of my work area, over to a different space, picked up some pink straw, black ribbons, feather and yarn and created a BJD design in honor of Coco!

I wanted to make a hat that suggested Chanel's sense of masculine relaxed look, with a definite twist of femininity.
The hat fits close to the head, has a spot of focus in the front where the interest brings attention to the face...of course!  I was very inspired to do this hat by the wonderful shade of pink parisisol straw that was sitting on my table.  I had just finished reading an article that was about her on the vogue site, and I wanted to share in celebrating her impact on women's clothes and hats!


I love designing headwear for BJD dolls and this little hat was one of my favorite to make....Happy Birthday Chanel!




No comments:

Post a Comment