Saturday, November 24, 2012

DESIGNING for BJD...What's next?

Some of the most fun I have ever had in design is the head pieces and now costumes I am designing for BJD dolls.

During the past two years I have created both fashion collections and fantasy designs.  I like the Asian as well as European aesthetics of these dolls, and I am started to develop my ideas for the future creations.

I am going to put the GOBLIN costumes out in January so if you are interested in starting to collect these designs, please be sure to contact me as a limited edition only will be available.  These costumes are multi-layered and have a variety of textiles included in them.  The head pieces and neck pieces that go with the costumes are all unique and take many hours to design and construct.  Most of my costumes are hand sewn and are made as couture.

The costume of Raspina Raspberry , starts with the headpiece.  The hair is all hand twisted hair that I shape and sew into the crown.  The crown is designed from parisisol straw, and the elaborate detailing that took the crown piece to another level of design.  It is large and very commanding.  The design of the costume for Raspina, started with black velvet pants and black velvet corset top.  The corset is lined and hand finished and the feathers are sewn into the bodice. The arm pieces are black velvet, lined and snap into place.  There are pink ostrich feathers as well as back feathers sewn into the top section, that covers the hand.  There are additional feathers and black tulle sewn into the back of the pants and two velvet roses are placed on either side of the black tulle train in back of the pants.  The "Goblugs" are wonderful black velvet boots that the pants are tucked into and are decorated with black beads and mylar strands.
This is the complete Raspina Raspberry costume, and is the premiere version.

Coming up next?...The Spring collection!

Be sure to visit me at www.susanlake1.etsy.com    as there are a few wonderful pieces still available for the Holidays!



 

2 comments:

  1. Certainly looks like Christmas to me!!!!! Great Job you've out done yourself. You're definitely one of a kind!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it could be!

      Thank you for your comment and compliment.
      Happy Holiday!

      Delete