Wednesday, June 13, 2012

This weekend I made the trip from the desert, where I live 6 months out of the year, to Silent Valley, where I live during the summer months.  It is nestled in the area just below Idyllwild, and creates the perfect setting for ANYTHING!  This past winter, I began a new collection of hats called, GOBLINS BEND.  I have always been fascinated with mystical beings, warlocks, witches, fairies and all things that go "bump in the night".  In creating this collection, I am bringing to life my childhood dreams of what would I wear if I lived as a creature in the woods!  The first hat I released from the collection in May 2012,  is called EALGA.  Created from yarns, twigs, tree pods, lace, feathers and other things one might find on the floor of the forest, she is a captivating creature filled with mystical powers!  I am about to begin her dress.  Again, when I begin to design for either women or dolls or whatever...I totally let my imagination take over.  I am going to design her dress out of things I find on the floor of the forest, materials that feel good in my hands and just anything that I would put on my dress should I be so lucky to rule a little corner in  "Goblins Bend." I never know what will unfold, it just does as I sit down under large oak and cedar trees!  I usually start early in the morning, stop in the mid day and then dream about part two!...Talk to you in a bit!

Here is a photo of the hat to which is the jump off point for the rest of the dress...ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment